Saturday, May 7, 2011

Scarlet Revolution

Today my family and I joined the MacIntosh family, Martin Family, Stamps Family and sooo many other friends and family from Celebration church to go out on our second run feeding lunch the homeless of Fresno, CA.






 What a Great Time had!!! We gave out over 170 lunches, countless amounts of water and toiletry care packs! Clothing, prayers and blessings were in abundance! I seriously can not wait till we do our next run! So many lives were impacted today, both by giving and receiving! Caring for our community is what it's all about! Sure I know there are situations all over the globe that need attention, but if you can't start in your own back yard, taking care of those whom you will see day in and day out... how do you expect to truly change lives? There were some serious prayers and blessing dropped today! Tearful eyes and opened hearts happened!








 I got the opportunity to receive a man's testimony today. He thanked me for just being an ear to hear what he had to say. I will be checking back with him to see his progress... he is struggling with staying off Heroin and saw our mission today as a blessing and sign, that people really do care, that he can place his hope in his faith again! Man... I don't know about you, but that moved me right there. He brought to my attention the fact that drugs are running rampant threw each of the "Tent Cities", that the cost of non-payment is resulting in the burning down of peoples tents and shanty structures. Young women are being passed around as payment for drugs and booze. He is standing as a watchdog to keep his camp clean and free of these problems! Man, that's a fight I can get behind! Like I said, I will be checking back on his progress and any help I can offer, I will give!








 Thank you for taking the time to read this. I know you didn't have to, you could have been watching TV in your favorite chair, or reading your favorite book, enjoying some pop-corn with your kids while watching a Disney flick... but you chose to read the ramblings of a moronic man who enjoys spending his days with the unwashed drudges of society... and that's when I'm not feeding the homeless! hahahahahha! Anyhow, thank you for taking the time to care.


Peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment