Friday, May 6, 2011

My Wife is so F'n Cool!

Ok, so I've said it before... and it never gets old to me, cause I love saying it.

"My wife is F'n Cool!!!"

 I'm sitting here enjoying my morning coffee, perusing threw one of my favorite Bukowski book of poems, "Poems Written Before Jumping Out of an 8 story Window" when I remember, "Born into this" is on Netflix. So I decide to sit down and watch a bit. Then it hit's me... My wife is so F'n cool, she went to "City Lights" in San Francisco, the place where Bukowski made a legendary appearance in 1972 and brought me back a Bukowski book, "Poetry and Prose"! The very one he did a reading from in 72' at "City Lights". Now, I don't know if my wife has ever read Bukowski, or if she ever plans to... But this man, along with George Carlin, Robin Williams, Hunter S. Thompson and my Father. Taught me how to use profanity with such eloquence to express ones emotions, be they Pain, Exuberance, Distain, Guilt, Love, Hate, you name it, the whole gambit. Now, Bukowski was probably the most notably lowbrow, unfiltered and filthiest of the bunch, but he showed me that you can still give a damn, even when you sound as you don't. He spent a life time saying what he meant and meaning what he said. Perhaps that is why his gravestone reads, "Don't try". 


 I love writing. I really don't care whether I'm ever any good at it or not... The point is I'm not going to just "Try". To quote one of my favorite jedi, "There is no try, only do." That's right, Yoda baby! I've givin' up just trying in my life, the doing is what it's all about. 


 Thank you baby! Yesterday we talked about this very thing, my prior attempts at writing were just that, attempts... AKA Trying. Since 1992 I have been trying, trying to write, write anything, poems, short stories, screen plays, blogs... whatever. So starting this month, from here on out. There is no "Try". I'm going to use this Blog as a journal, white whatever I feel, know and see. Come next wednesday, I'm 35 years on this planet. To be honest I never thought I'd make it this long, should have died many times... but I'm still here. Call it what you will, grace of God, Luck or just the sheer will to survive. But as long as I'm still here, I'm going to document every bit of this adventure I call "a life without trying".


"Cheers!!!"

3 comments:

  1. You wanna know why people love you, myself included? You are real. It's rare you come across anyone in life who knows their foundation, bases decisions on life's experiences and chooses to see people for who they are and not what society dictates. Just like the Righteous One, you just love life and others. That's real, bro. That's real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Tim! That means allot. I love you too Bro! I feel so blessed to have you along with me on this ride, you have been a spiritual mentor and true to the bone friend. I feel like my best work is yet to come!
    Peace and Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "To be honest I never thought I'd make it this long, should have died many times... but I'm still here. Call it what you will, grace of God, Luck or just the sheer will to survive."

    There is no luck, only God. ;-)

    ReplyDelete