Thursday, May 5, 2011

Happy Drinko Day Mayo!!!

 Good morning central valley, happy "Brown Pride Day" as I lovingly refer to it. It still to this day amazes me, when I ask California residents, "What does Cinco de Mayo mean to you?" they without haste reply, "Mexican Independence Day!"... EEAAHHHNNTT!!!! Wrong!!! That is September 16th, aka my oldest Son's birthday. Today is merely a day to celebrate and reflect on Heritage and pride...right? Well, there was that little battle against the French in 1862 in-which approximately 4000 Mexican's (soldiers, farmers, tailors and towns folk) defeated 8000 well equipped french soldiers, in a little town called Pubela. Thus keeping the french army out of Mexico City... but who cares about that in The United States??? All we wanna have is another excuse to get smashed! So enjoy your Margaritas, Coronas and shots of Patron my Caucasian brethren! Celebrate with fists raised high in the air! But know exactly why you celebrate the history and struggle of your Mexican neighbors! ...as they clean your yard, cook your food, pick your fruit and wash your car.

"VIVA LA RAZA!!!!"

1 comment:

  1. It really didn't post my comment... odd. Well, my previous comment said that being mixed was always handy because I could claim to be mexican and no one could really argue, save relatives.

    ReplyDelete