Monday, May 20, 2013

Rest in Peace Raymond Daniel Manczarek, Jr.



 I've loved The Doors for quite some time. To be honest, I always enjoyed Jim's words... But, I think it was Ray Manzarek's keyboard/Organ playing that always set them apart for me. The following is from a Facebook post earlier...

 "My first memory of really listening to "The Doors" was in a Van... Being driven by Rick Thompson, my friends Gary and Mike Thompson's Father. "Light my Fire" came on the radio and I asked who it was. Rick asked if I liked it, I was like "very much!" So he turned it up a little. I think the year was 1986 and we were on our way yo San Francisco to spend the day... We used to make many trips like this, but this time really stuck out, cause the song played over and over in my head all day. It was the first time I appreciated his music, sure we always listened to the radio and his music always seemed so old and unlike what I was into at the time... But this time, this time it stuck and it was cool. After that, I started thumbing through my Mom's old records, and grew to appreciate the 60's and 70's... an era I know so little about. Sure I was born in the 70's, but only remember bits and pieces till about 79 and 80. I don't know if it was on that very day that I fell in love with Music... But I do know that ever since then, it has been an integral part of my life's soundtrack."
"Cheers!"



Tell Jim and all the rest, "Hi" and... "See ya when we get there! Peace."

No comments:

Post a Comment