Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Hobo Code and the Chewing Gum...

 There is nothing more... well ok a few things, but seriously! This bugs me to the core! GUM on the bottom of my shoe! That's right folks, Daddy is on a rant... I wanted to come clean spill by guts, leave the blood on the alter and skip away free , blessed and happy. You know... old school. hahahha!

 Naw Son, rules changed... I gotta talk about the un-courtious nature of some of our citizens!

 This works me over. Stepping in GUM is one thing. But then having a giant glob stuck to the bottom of your boot when you gotta ride home on your Harley is something completely different. I jumped on my bike after a stellar performance laid down by the Magnificent and Mighty "The Hobo Code" this evening. They put down the funk, jive, punk, rock and let's toss in a jingle jangle of the "real deal", hard to the freakin' core tonight that would make "Yo Momma" stand up, clap, dance around, light a match and yell out praise to that goodness right there!!! "Of this here band... I tell you what!" They RAWKED!!! Yeah... and then some!

 Rob's vocals were on point! The Man, could be heard, crisp and clean... and no caffeine(awesome Root Beer here BTW. Yeah, best in town!)! Kyle laid it down... DAMN! He is a killer Bass Player! I give it up to him big time! Dave was tight, on hit and his and Kyle's vocals were clear and clean! Rob's guitar? Oh, what can I say, he owned that stage tonight! His big noise, feedback meltdown at the end was mind-blowing! After rockin' a stellar 45min set with "The Heaters" he stayed up there and gave his all! Fantastic Show tonight, marked a reunion for the "Dirtbags and Dust Bunnys"! All were in attendance to support our favorite "HomoSapiens!"Great times and great memories! "Cheers!!!"

 But then, I am outside saying my goodbyes, given hugs and obtaining blessing and prayer for my long ride home(takes 10min, but whatever). So yeah, I start my Harley, kick her into first and away I go. Then I notice, my foot is stuck to the peg. "What??? Crap!!!" My foot it stuck to the peg and shifting is gonna be a problem! Now... If you are anything like me, you do not want an obstacle in your way, that clearly does not need to be there... but it is! This wad of GUM wanted to ruin my entire evening and perhaps my safe ride home. But, um... no sir, that's not me and I ain't goin' out like that!

 I pulled over, grabbed a stick worked off what I could, said a prayer and got back on the road! I have the safety, love and grace of Jesus over me and I will not be flawed! Long story short and what not, I made it home...
The remaining gum on my boot.

 But I'm fired up!!! About what kind of "Silly half-sack, crazy nut, dirt diggin', triflin', AAAAHHHH" fool leaves a giant wad of chewing GUM on the sidewalk or street so someone else can come by and step in it!?!?! I'll tell ya what kind... a little kid, that's what kind!

 On closer inspection of said matter, it was a wad of "Strawberry"(I can smell it!) Hubba Bubba or Big League Chew. You know the kind kids wanna make a big chewing wad mess of... yeah, and I stepped in it! Great! So now, my anger level has come waaaaaaaayyyy down. The RAGE is over and I am humble once again. See, I don't get mad at children. They just don't know any better sometimes... My kids! No, they know better... but I just can't say the same for other kids in the community.

 Folks, if you have kids and you are gonna let them have a big wad of mess like that, be in control of what they do with it! Make sure they dispose of it properly! Cause the next biker that steps in a wad like that, may not be so nice! He may not be a Christian and being as such... well, it may not be so pretty when he talks about the entire transaction later over beers with his buddies. There maybe a story of missing teeth and cleaning of the bottom of his boot with a tongue or some other soft and moist object... (I know right, yeah I did type that! It's in your mind, now... chew on it. hahahahaha!)

 So anyhow, not a bad night at all... glad I got to get that off my chest and glad I got to have such a fun evening with my friends! Sorry if I had ya built up to receive a huge dose of my past dramas and dilemmas, but this needed to be heard and it was fresh... fresh as the gooey mess I still have to remove from the bottom of my boot.


Anyhow..."Cheers!!!"



---Say, um if at any time during my blog you wanna chime in and drop some words of advice, correction or just wanna say "Hi". Please feel free. You know, constructive criticism is vital to a young, ok not so young writer looking to see if he captures any level of interest or not. So um, yeah... hook it up with a comment already!---

Love you all!

-Rob.

No comments:

Post a Comment