Monday, July 9, 2012

I woke up and it was July...



 This crazy roller-coaster has been going no stop for months. The colors began to blend and I found myself on auto pilot. Simply going with the flow. Days, weeks, months have just flown by... this morning after having an Awesome week and weekend! I woke up, took a step back and in my best Keanu Reeves impression said, "Woah..."

My last blog was back in March. Wow, it's been a minute... where to begin?

 As you may or may not know, I have recently teamed up with three other artists/friends to open up our very own "Tattoo Studio"(Solomon's Porch Tattoo Parlor) and things a moving swiftly! Licensing, Certifications, Insurance, Equipment, Construction, Art and Attitudes... all while keeping a full client list has kept me very stressed and busy. I LOVE IT!!!

 I feel more alive than ever! I feel a sense of direction, purpose, like I am living out my dream and though obstacles get in my way, nothing is stopping me or holding me back! This is what I am supposed to do, this is where I belong. I walked away from "Body Modification" years ago, cause I was living it out for all the wrong reasons, now all the right reasons have brought me full circle, strengthened by Faith to see this thing done right! Thank you God!

Wanna see some work? Well here ya go!

This was Friday Evening.

This was Saturday Afternoon.

 I also worked on a small cover up on Thursday evening for my boy Randy, but missed snapping a photo. Oh well, I'll grab one when it's all healed.

 Up until this week I have been steady booked. Things are starting to slow down and I'm beginning to catch my breath, still have allot of work to do around the shop and my regulars keep the doors open, but I am welcoming the off nights and earlier bed times. Hahahaha, I'm sure my Wife does too. She has been an absolute trooper through all of this. She understands that the hard work will pay off in the end, I could not have done any of this without her.

 Ok, that is enough for now... "I'll be back." Next week!


"Cheers!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment